We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Korean visitors to London -self-guided tour advice please!

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
12,252 posts
249 reviews
Save Topic
Korean visitors to London -self-guided tour advice please!

I have some Korean friends visiting London and wanting to spend Mon Dec 19 visiting "the sights".

They're staying "near Hyde Park" (I don't know what they mean by that specifically) and they've asked for advice on how to take their day. They are a couple with a 6 yr old son. They suggest Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Houses of Parliament, Soho, Trafalgar square, Tower of London. Can anyone think of other places - they're doing Oxford St and Regent St on the Tuesday.

I felt that (maybe) a good plan would be to to Buck House (outside), cab to Traf Sq; walk along Whitehall to Parliament Sq, over bridge to London Eye, boat to Tower, then cab to (say) Berwick St, walking through Leics Sq up Longacre to Covent Gdn.

Actually the thought of that exhausts me....

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - London
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Strawberry Tours
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
The English Bus
City Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Cultural Tours
London Black Taxi Tours
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours
Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Korean visitors to London -self-guided tour advice please!

Rye is ideal for quaint shops as is Oxford (slightly bigger being a university town!)

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Korean visitors to London -self-guided tour advice please!

Most suggest doing the tower when it first opens as the crowds are less, so doing your idea in reverse. Perhaps they could start with the tower, then boat to the eye over to looks at big ben and westminster from the outside up whitehall to trafalgar square, down the mall to buck palace. I could do that myself in a day but I'm not sure with the 6 year old.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
12,252 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Korean visitors to London -self-guided tour advice please!

many thanks, both

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Korean visitors to London -self-guided tour advice please!

Dear Ethelman2,

If I were to cut out anything from your proposed tour, I would cut out Soho, especially with a 6 year old. The advice given about going to the Tower first, is good. I think a 6 year old would have fun there, especially looking at the ravens!

Cheers.

5. Re: Korean visitors to London -self-guided tour advice please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 09:22