We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from airport to hotel

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
transportation from airport to hotel

Hello

What is the best way to get to the Millenium Mayfair from the airport and what is the approx. cost. Also, how does eveyone feel about staying there after the russian spy thing???We haven't changed reservations yet, but are thinking about it.

Thanks for advice.

Kathy

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,370 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from airport to hotel

Hi Kathy

Firstly, which airport are you arriving at? If I am right in guessing Heathrow then you have 3 options.

1. Tube - Piccadilly Line to Hyde Park Corner then a 10 minute walk up Park Lane, right at the Grosvenor hotel into Grosvenor Square. Costs around GBP 5.40 for the tube. Takes around 40 minutes

2. Heathrow Express to Paddington, 15 minutes, then short taxi ride to the hotel. Train will cost around GBP 14 single, taxi around GBP 7 plus tip.

3. Taxi all the way, door to door from Heathrow will set you back at least GBP45 and will depend on traffic, time of day etc.

As for the recent incidents, I wouldn't worry too much, just avoid the tea!

Seriously, it may have never even happened there and you can bet the staff will be extra vigilant now just in case.

Just you go and stay there and have a great time in London

If it's not Heathrow you're flying into, let us know.

Andy

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation from airport to hotel

Dicanio - Just avoid the tea LOL

Seriously, I wouldn't change the hotel it's a very nice hotel in a great area.

I would take the tube from Heathrow ,in the end it's quickest & cheapest.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation from airport to hotel

>>>We haven't changed reservations yet, but are thinking about it.<<<

I can't imagine what you'd achieve by doing so.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,176 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation from airport to hotel

I'd take the tube to Hyde Park Corner, then walk. The current cash fare is £4 from LHR, but fares are going to rise in January, and the new prices haven't yet been posted. If you don't fancy walking along Park Lane, you can take a bus from Hyde Park Corner: the numbers 10 and 74 have stops at the tube station, and will stop about two thirds of the way along Park Lane (alight at Grosvenor Gate / Upper Grosvenor Street) and walk a couple of minutes to Grosvenor Square.

Would I stay at the Millennium Mayfair? Yes I would. I was in London the last two weeks of last month, flew a few times with BA, and have no concerns about it.

5. Re: transportation from airport to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 22:18