We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GHD question

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,836 posts
299 reviews
Save Topic
GHD question

Flying with BMI baby in a few days with cabin hand-luggage only. Daughter won't go anywhere without her GHD straighteners - does anyone know if they allow these things in hand luggage or is she facing a bad hair Christmas?

I don't want to contemplate the showdown it would cause if they were confiscated!

Cheers

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: GHD question

Hair straightner have never been under any specific restrictions.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,836 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GHD question

I know - thanks - I just need some reassurance here - has anyone actually taken them through?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,881 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GHD question

From a BAA/BA link:

Question - can I take electrical goods in my cabin bag?

Answer - yes, provided it fits witihin a bag no bigger than 56 x 45 x 25 cm. Large electrical equipment such as laptop computers and large hair dryers must be removed from the cabin bag and placed in a tray for x-ray screening.

Daughter will have shiny straight hair, and be happy and content on her holiday (is it really that simple and easy?).

Remember that your handbag will have to fit in the cabin bag for security screening. It's seriously strange, though, as the sight of women hauling the handbag out of the carryon after screening makes the process look - dare I say? - pointless.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,836 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GHD question

Thanks TP - I think she will feel relieved - who'd have thought these things could be so important!

5. Re: GHD question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 21:16