We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BMI Baby and other airline refunds

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,851 posts
304 reviews
Save Topic
BMI Baby and other airline refunds

No doubt I am not the only hapless person to have Christmas plans curtailed by the recent blanket of fog that shrouded the country and caused the cancellation of many flights.

I have sent my claim to BMI Baby, and although everything was booked online, amazingly refunds must be claimed via snail mail - I find this a bit odd!

Has anyone out there gone through the refund process yet?

UK
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: BMI Baby and other airline refunds

If the flight was operated by bmi then they are a full service carrier and have a refunds department that you can actually speak to on 01332 854534 between 9:00 - 15:30 Mon - Fri.

The problem comes though if the flight is by bmibaby, which is their low-cost subsidiary and is operated separate to bmi mainline. All bmibaby claims must be done in writing as they dont offer any telephone contacts except the reservations call centre (because its low-cost!)

UK
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: BMI Baby and other airline refunds

If the flight was operated by bmi then they are a full service carrier and have a refunds department that you can actually speak to on 01332 854534 between 9:00 - 15:30 Mon - Fri.

The problem comes though if the flight is by bmibaby, which is their low-cost subsidiary and is operated separate to bmi mainline. All bmibaby claims must be done in writing as they dont offer any telephone contacts except the reservations call centre (because its low-cost!)

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,851 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: BMI Baby and other airline refunds

Sadly its the Baby!

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: BMI Baby and other airline refunds

Its now 7 February and wonder if you have received your refund. I sent my claim in in December for a November cancelled flight. Sent by recorded delivery wrote again complete with copy of signature of receiver and still no reply.

I have been unable to find a phone number for the Revenue department at Castle Donnington.

Have you got your refund yet? if yes any help you can give me would be wonderful. The yelephone numbers I have found cost 10p per minute and after 10mins i give up as soon i will have spent my refund.

Sandy

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: BMI Baby and other airline refunds

PC & others, you may be able to find some useful info from previous claimants on how to recover your money on this site - consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/…

Good luck!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,851 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: BMI Baby and other airline refunds

wandering granny - I have sent a second copy of my original claim by recorded delivery and still no word or confirmation. I gave them seven days to reply and I think thats about past. I did find phone numbers for the castle donington offices by googling the address details and bmibaby. They were pretty determined not to let me speak to anyone, though I think its still worth giving it a try and asking to be put through to the bmibaby sales ledger department perhaps? Just say you are querying an invoice or something vague? The phone numbers I found were just regular national rate numbers.

Senor - I'll have a good look at that website today, thanks

Lets hope they sort it out soon - good luck

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,420 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: BMI Baby and other airline refunds

Any luck with this purple???

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,923 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: BMI Baby and other airline refunds

I just got an email telling me the wonderful news that BMIbaby is now a full alliance member of the bmi diamond club, whatever that means...

19. Re: BMI Baby and other airline refunds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 00:16