First off, although I've lurked for a long time, this is my first post. The info on this forum is fantastically helpful -- thanks to everyone who contributes!
Anyway, I've found 3 rental apartments that look like possibilities for me. Any opinions would be much appreciated.
About the planned trip ...
Will be myself and my 14 year old daughter, for a week in July. We were in London a couple of years ago for about 4 days (stayed at a hotel near Victoria), and crammed a lot of attractions into that visit (though it was great!). This time, we are looking for a relaxing trip -- no pre-planning on where to go each day, spend some time enjoying the parks, etc. My daughter does want to go to as may West End shows as we reasonbly can, however -- so I am envisioning at least a few mornings at the half-price booth in Leicester Square.
So ... I'm looking for the following in an apartment
- easy acces to Theatre District
- quiet within the apartment
- nice neighborhood, prefer residential rather than "touristy"
- groceries within easy walking distance
Here are the 3 I've found (don't have exact street addresses)
(1) Gloucester Road -- right at the north end of Gloucester Road; site says about a 7 minute walk to Gloucester Road Tube.
(2) Sydney Street -- near Fulham, rather than Kings Road (South Kensington Tube).
(3) Ovington Gardens -- halfway between Knightsbridge and South Kensington Tube, just south of Brompton Road
I know these are all fairly close together -- any differences in the neighborhoods, streets, transportation access to help me choose?
Thanks so much!