We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good sushi or Japanese Restaurants in London?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
349 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Good sushi or Japanese Restaurants in London?

hi everyone,

As a sushi-starved Irish person, I'm going to try and get as much sushi as possible in to my weekend in London.

I've had both Kulu Kulu recommended as being near the Royal Albert Hall, so I will try and check out at least 1 of those (I fear Nobu is out of my price range).

When I was in London 2 years ago I ate in Matsuri in High Holburn which I thought was excellent.

Is there anywhere else that is reasonably central that I should try?

Also, we are going to visit some friends in Camden and a place called 'Bento' was mentioned - can anyone give anymore details on this?

thanks so much,

IE

London
Level Contributor
477 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good sushi or Japanese Restaurants in London?

Theres NOBU berkely but thats a bit of a rip off....

Zuma is quite good......

Ireland
Level Contributor
349 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good sushi or Japanese Restaurants in London?

Thanks. Is Zuma a restaurant or a sort of sushi-bar/conveyer belt type place?

I'd ideally like somewhere that wasn't conveyer belt but wasn't as dear as Nobu either (not fussy am I?!)

Do any/many Japanese restaurants do Friday or Saturday lunchtime specials?

thanks.

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good sushi or Japanese Restaurants in London?

Sumosan is a Japanese restaurant in Mayfair, not quite Nobu prices but pretty expensive. have a look at www.london-eating.co.uk, click on search then select Japanese in the cusine box and it will give you all the Japanese restaurants in London sorted by area. If you click on the restaurant you will be able to see reviews by diners.

London
Level Contributor
257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good sushi or Japanese Restaurants in London?

Miyama...lovely fresh fish. I remember the razor clam still "quivering" as it was sliced and handed over to me! I regularly go to the City outpost where at the sushi bar an a la carte order of around £20 - £25 is enough (for me anyway!) They have a Mayfair outpost as well but this may be a bit more spenny... Lunch is the time to go...

London
Level Contributor
295 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good sushi or Japanese Restaurants in London?

Budget is everything with Japanese food. A good list is here www.london-eating.co.uk/cuisines/japanese.asp

I rate Roka, but it's stupidly pricey. Inshoku in Waterloo (on a street called Lower Marsh) is cheap and quite good.

London
Level Contributor
477 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good sushi or Japanese Restaurants in London?

Sorry for delay, I was abroad. Zuma is not a conveyer belt place...But I can't say it is cheap...Maybe it is either the same or just sightly less than Nobu.....

London
Level Contributor
477 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good sushi or Japanese Restaurants in London?

Also try Myabi Sushi in the Great Eastern Hotel...It is exhorberhant and the fish is lovely and fresh

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good sushi or Japanese Restaurants in London?

Not central, but also doesn't take very long by the tube - there's a good sushi restaurant opposite Ealing Common station.

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good sushi or Japanese Restaurants in London?

Dear Irisheyes,

I don't know the name of the restaurant, but there is a conveyer belt style Japanese restaurant on Walton Street in Knightsbridge. It is fairly close to Bibendum, on the Fulham Road. If you've never walked down Walton Street, it's a treat, as it's full of designer's shops, restaurants and galleries. The nice part about Walton is that the buildings are only 2 stories high so it feels like a village.

Cheers!

London
Level Contributor
151 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good sushi or Japanese Restaurants in London?

There is another decent Japanese in Mayfair - it is called Kiku and has a lot of Japanese customers. Not cheap, but not Nobu prices either.