We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel/area for early morning flight out of Luton?

Ireland
Level Contributor
352 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel/area for early morning flight out of Luton?

hi,

The title of my last post doesn't really suit the questions I am now asking so I've started a new post. I hope this is ok.

I am flying out of Luton airport early on Sunday morning, 2nd Feb. I need to be at the airport by 7.45 - 8 am ish.

I can get the Kings Cross Thameslink, which would mean staying in the Novotel Euston or Premier Inn Euston.

Does the Green Line bus still run to Luton airport? If it does, how much does a single or a return journey cost please? If I chose the bus option, where would be the most convenient place to stay? Marble Arch? Finchley Road?

thanks, I am so confused at this stage!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from US$140.64*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
1,956 reviews
from US$144.78*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
513 reviews
from US$97.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
813 reviews
from US$97.90*
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,256 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel/area for early morning flight out of Luton?

Irish,

I've just posted on your other thread.

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel/area for early morning flight out of Luton?

Yes, the Green Line bus does still run, if you are flying easyjet you are entitled to a special rate of £10 for a single and £11.50 return . It looks like you could take the 6am bus from Victoria that is scheduled to arrive into Luton at 7:03, this will give you a buffer for delays due to heavy traffic. The the most convenient place to stay would be somewhere along the bus route. It begins at Victoria, runs through Marble Arch, Finchley Road and on to Luton. I would suggest that if you choose to take the bus Victoria is your best option, there are a number of hotels and b&b's there, the Luna and Simone is one that gets very good reviews on this site.

I would not discount staying in Kings Cross however, I would personally rather rely on the train which unless we are having bad weather or there are engineering works (which you can find out in advance) is more likely to arrive on time as it is not dependent on traffic which can be very bad towards Luton (in my opinion of course).

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel/area for early morning flight out of Luton?

There are roadworks on the M1 the motorway that the Green Line bus uses but I guess on a Sunday morning that won't be a problem.

Fares on the Green Line are complex.

If you're flying easyJet, there are easyJet discounted tickets on the Green Line web site. http://www.greenline.co.uk/

If you're flying Ryanair, you get discounted tickets by booking through the Terravision web site. (They sell the tickets as if they run the bus but in reality they are for the Green Line bus)

I guess the above will only confuse you even more.

Using the train from Kings Cross, there is a Premier Travel Inn at Kings Cross itself so need to bother with Euston hotels along the road. (There are also 3 Travelodges with a few hundred metres of the Thameslink station and some quite good b&B's opposite Kings Cross Mainline Station)

4. Re: Best hotel/area for early morning flight out of Luton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 08:17