We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near Heathrow airport

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Topic
Hotels near Heathrow airport

I’m interested in hearing opinions about hotels around Heathrow airport. My parents will be arriving in London on the 1st of April 2007 from Larnaca Cyprus, en route to the United States (Washington DC). Their flight from Cyprus, gets into Heathrow around 8pm local time on their 1st of April, and their flight for Washington DC leaves at 11am on the 3rd of April, giving them one full day in London. Given that their flight for DC leaves in the morning, I thought it might be better if the spend the night(s) near Heathrow airport and come in London during their free day, rather than carrying all their luggage into and out-of central London. I would like to hear ideas from people who have overnight in hotels near the Heathrow area. Ideally the hotel should provide transportation to the Terminals, both Terminal 1 and Terminal 4 were my parents would be arriving and departing respectively. The price range should be around £90 per room (double ) per night.

Thanks in advance.

London Greek Guy

London
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near Heathrow airport

I should perhaps also clarify that for the day that my parents will be in town, they would have to catch the train from Heathrow all the way to central London and then back to overnight again in their Hotel at Heathrow airport. However, given that their flight for DC leaves in the morning I thought the extra trip to and back to the hotel is not as much as of a hassle rather than dragging their suitcases all the way to London.

Any suggestions/recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near Heathrow airport

Most of the Heathrow hotels use the Hotel Hoppa bus service rather than have their own shuttle service. It's about £4 per person/per trip. There is one hotel (Hilton?) attached to Terminal 4, but the rest are outside the airport grounds.

I've stayed at the Heathrow Marriott and the Sheraton Skyline and they are both very nice. I got the rooms through Priceline, so I'm not sure what the regular going rate is.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,267 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near Heathrow airport

I would actually be tempted to find a hotel in London. The hassle of going backwards and forwards via the hoppa or public bus is both boring and time consuming.

The Heathrow Express is expensive but it takes just 15 minutes (7-8 minutes more to and from Terminal 4) to reach Paddington with 4 trains an hour. The HES station is an easy walk from all the terminals and you can take carts almost as far as the platform.

You should then be able to find somewhere reasonable within your budget within a short walk of the station. The Darlington Hyde Park is deservedly popular with TALFers and The Quality Crown and The Rhodes are two others worth considering. All are no more than a 5 minute walk from the station and from Paddington it's only a short tube ride to the west end and most of the sights. The Heathrow Express also starts running early enough for your parents to be able to leave central London at around 7.30 in order to get to the airport for an 8.00am check-in.

Hope that helps.

adamhornets@yahoo.com

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near Heathrow airport

There is a TA Inside Page on Heathrow Hotels that is worth reading as it provides a thorough grounding on the issues in volved in selecting the appropiate Heathrow Hotel.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186338-c19344/London…

For your requirement is is not straight forward as no hotel offers direct transfers to both T1 and T4 apart from the Heathrow Lodge which is a bargain basement option you probably wouldn't want to send your parents to.

This is because of the Hoppa Buses that serve all the main hotels only going to the central area that serves T's 1 ,2 & 3. You then have to get the Heathrow Express that runs every 15 minutes to T4.

Also the requirement to go on a day trip into London means that the Hoppa Bus transfers for a couple is 16 GBP that eats into your hotel budget.

Personally, I would suggest you look at the Jury's Inn Hote, This has the Hoppa Bus transfer from T1 direct. It is also 300m from Hatton Cross Underground Station so you save 16 GBP straight there from many hotels and will be in Central London is about 45 minutes. The Jury's Inn is also the second closest hotel to T4 (after the Hilton which is out of your budget). If your parents can make the Underground Station with baggage its one stop on the tube to T4, otherwise a taxi to T4 will be the same or cheaper than paying 8 GBP for the Hoppa Bus and having to connect to the Heathrow Express.

Oh, the Jury's Inn is a nice mid-range hotel, currently the newest at Heathrow. Rates on the Sunday should be around 55 GBp, during the week the rates like nearly all Heathrow's hotels are about 40-50% higher.

waterlooville uk
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels near Heathrow airport

I second Jury's - I stayed there last year and could not fault it. Transport into the airport was easy on the Hoppa bus, and with Hatton Cross tube station about 5 minutes away it's ideal for getting in and out of London.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,267 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels near Heathrow airport

I was at Jurys yesterday and a taxi driver reckoned it would be a £5 ride to Terminal 4 without luggage. If they did decide to stay near Heathrow it too would be my choice given their circumstances. Stay clear of the caesar salad though!

London
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels near Heathrow airport

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post.

It seems that Jury's Inn could be a solution. As far I can see this is the only hotel which we combines all requirements.

1. Transfer via the Hopa bus from Terminal 1 to the hotel.

2. Close enough to a tube station - Hatton Cross

3. Close enough to Terminal 4, either by taxi or by tube.

My only rerservation is safery around Hatton Cross. Is it a fairly safe area to walk ( I mean from the tube station to the hotel ) ? My parents are both in the early 60s.

Although, I live in London I'm not familiar with the area at all.

Thanks a lot.

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels near Heathrow airport

London Greek Guy: After reading the reviews for the hotel, I don't think there's a whole lot in the neighborhood between the tube stop and the hotel.

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels near Heathrow airport

The Jury's Inn is in the shadow of the main Heathrow maintenance area for British Airways and the hotel is surrounded by businesses associated with the day to day running of the airport.

There are no shops, houses etc at all in the vicinity. Its perfectly safe.

London, UK
Level Contributor
580 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels near Heathrow airport

I use Hatton Cross occasionally and consider it very safe: it is just within the airport perimeter so there is plenty of security and the only people on foot are commuters like me, airline customers and airport workers. This looks like a very good solution: straight into central London on the Piccadilly line.