We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food, kids and norwich

congleton
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
food, kids and norwich

top tips

on places to eat with kids in norwich

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food, kids and norwich

Hi - the waffle house on St Giles street is good for kids of all ages. they love the novelty (everything is waffles surprisingly enough:), savoury and sweet).

Captain America's (sorry not sure what the road is called but it is in the centre, opposite Jarrolds department store) is also good if you want burgers but a change from the usual burger chains. They have car's attached to the wall and do very good food. I think they have a website so you should be able to search for it.

Other than that we do have the normal places that kids usually like - Nando's, Pizza Express etc.

Hope you find somewhere you like and have a good time

take care, T

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food, kids and norwich

I would go with Zaks over Captain America's if you are looking for an American Diner type restaurant but the benefit that Captain A's does have is that it is central. Zaks can be found along Barrack Street (walkable from the city) and also on Mousehold Heath which would require a car.

There isn't a lot to choose between either but Zaks would be my choice if I had to choose.

Currently in Norwich, I don't think you can beat the burgers served up at Yellows (Delia's Diner spin off) at Norwich City FC. It's a lovely restaurant, dark woods and the service is top notch. I don't think I have tasted a better burger in the UK to be honest, but there are many other options on the menu also. Prices are reasonable. Try and time your visit for a busy night because although it is open all day, there are quiet times and it can feel a bit odd being only one of two or three tables in use. Definitely avoid on matchday though.

Apart from that its mostly chains I'm afraid. I would avoid the Riverside complex where service is often compromised and rushed and stick with the city centre. I do think the Chinese Buffet is reasonably good at Riverside and that might be an option but I would go for lunch where prices are much cheaper (£6.50 I think). Don't expect a great setting, its basically a huge canteen but it is insanely popular. Tootsies is a goodish option at Chapelfied which is in the city centre.

Hope this helps.

3. Re: food, kids and norwich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2010, 04:16