We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelodge Riverside

essex uk
Level Contributor
138 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Travelodge Riverside

Hi

Was thinking of booking one night in this hotel with the £19 offer but noticed that it has no car park and the nearest one is on Rose Lane? Could anyone tell me if that is very far from the hotel and if it would be ok to leave the car there overnight and at what kind of cost? I read that the car park next to the Travelodge Cetral is £13 overnight, wondered if Rose Lane is the same.

Also is the Riverside tRavelodge in a good position to look around Norwich and to eat out in the evening?

Many Thanks

Norwich Cathedral
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites
The Broads
National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Bodies of Water
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelodge Riverside

Rose Lane car park is about two minutes walk away from the Travelodge, it's owned by Norwich City Council and is £5 for 5 hours+ but I'm not sure how it would calculate overnight. You certainly don't need a car to get around Norwich city centre so if you are staying put, the cost will mount up but I still don't think it will be ridiculous. Another option is the X Leisure owned Riverside car park which is £8 for 24 hours. It's a bit more of a walk, probably 5-10mins depending on speed but is fine and secure.

The new Travelodge (it's not quite on Riverside to be honest) is well situated for seeing the attractions in Norwich with plenty of eating options scattered around but try and avoid Prince of Wales Road (seconds from the hotel) for drinking and eating as you can do so much better.

£19 is a bargain. I prefer Premier Inn rooms but if you can't get a £29 at any of the city centre PI's I would stick with the Travelodge.

Any further questions, fire away.

Ju123

essex uk
Level Contributor
138 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelodge Riverside

Thank you for that. Is it fairly simple to drive in Norwich centre?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelodge Riverside

It frustrates me as a local because I remember when it was quieter on the roads but now there just seems to be a constant rush hour during the whole day in and around the arterial routes. I doubt you will have a problem though.....

4. Re: Travelodge Riverside

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2010, 05:20