We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow to Norwich and Norwich to London

Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow to Norwich and Norwich to London

Is there a reliable limosine service in Norwich that would pick us and our big luggage up at Heathrow to go to Sprowston Manor in Norwich, and then take us a week later from Norwich to our London hotel? The Heathrow-Norwich trip on public transportation--while we would prefer it!--is difficult with the luggage we need to take.

Thank you.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Heathrow to Norwich and Norwich to London

There is step free access from the clockwise circle line platform at Liverpool Street. If escalators are a problem change at King's Cross St Pancras from the Piccadilly Line to the Circle line.

The Central Line at Liverpool Street has access via escalator then lift (elevator).

Islington
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Heathrow to Norwich and Norwich to London

"The Central Line at Liverpool Street has access via escalator then lift (elevator)."

This makes it look as thogh you have to take a lift and an escalator. You don't. The escalator takes you up to ground level.

Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Heathrow to Norwich and Norwich to London

Thank you all for your assistance. I think we will take the direct coach. Happy to do whatever is needed--we are experienced travelers (and the big suitcase is primarily to carry our walking sticks, hiking boots and rain gear, all things that we'd not usually take [we generally get by with just carry-ons] but needed for this trip)--and just wanted some guidance, as none of the other travel guides we used gave us the precise information you all have given.

Hope I can be of service in return for the U.S.!

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,465 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Heathrow to Norwich and Norwich to London

The direct coach is a good option from Heathrow to Norwich, but for the Norwich-London journey the train would be far, far quicker. You can get cheap fares if you book in advance on line.

Toronto
Level Contributor
585 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Heathrow to Norwich and Norwich to London

The coach option sounds perfect for your needs. No changing or figuring out which direction to go after an overnight flight. Yes a bit longer, but you can always nap on the the way.

Sometimes faster is not always better.

Broadland
Level Contributor
541 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Heathrow to Norwich and Norwich to London

OK, you're going with the bus service, fine. You should be able to pick up a taxi for the last bit out to Sprowston Manor.

Taxis are very plentiful in Norwich. I haven't been near the bus station since it was completed two or three years ago, but I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a taxi rank nearby. You should be able to 'phone for one at the bus station if there isn't a taxi rank nearby.

Just a word of caution about rail travel back to London. The line down to London is notorious for breakdowns. Barely a week goes by without there being reports of delays because the overhead wires have broken (again!) or signalling cables have been stolen (again!). You may be lucky and have a troublefree journey, but at least you now know.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,520 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Heathrow to Norwich and Norwich to London

In regards to step free access at Liverpool Street, I believe it's actually circle line only potentially in the direction you actually want to go as to my knowledge there is no lift. There might still be and I can't remember whether National Express still operate tjheir minibus link service, but there's that or I know plenty of low floor buses would take you to Paddington cheapily.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Heathrow to Norwich and Norwich to London

<< The escalator takes you up to ground level. >>

No it doesn't. The escalator takes you to the booking hall which is one short flight of stairs below the main station concourse. There is a very small lift in the corner of the underground booking hall which takes you up to the mainline train ticket office which is level with the platforms.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Heathrow to Norwich and Norwich to London

I will actually be doing this same trip in May from Norwich to Heathrow Terminal 5 and wondering the best and most efficient train to travel on. we would have a 4:15 flight and need to know when we should leave Norwich to allow plenty of time at Heathrow. We will be going to Barcelona via Iberia and I am a best man in a wedding the night before so I need it as easy as possible since I might not be in the most clear state of mind.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,728 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Heathrow to Norwich and Norwich to London

@ Michael G: you already have the link for the Norwich to Heathrow coach because I posted the link in this thread (no. 3 if you didn't spot it).