We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to travel from Airport to Lowestoft

Which Norwich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Greenock, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest way to travel from Airport to Lowestoft

I am looking to travel from Norwich Airport to Lowestoft on a Sunday night around 21.30. To my knowledge it appears to be impossible to get either a bus or train at this time so I was wondering if any locals could reccomend the cheapest taxi company who would be willing to drive this journey?

I have been quoted £55 by the airport taxi company but I am unsure if this is excessive... was hoping for nearer £40!

Norfolk
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest way to travel from Airport to Lowestoft

Last train on a Sunday leaves just before 9pm - that price seems about right, but you may find it a bit cheaper with a private hire firm - Enterprise is one based close by, but there are plenty in Norwich. It may even pay you to try one based in Lowestoft, and ask for a price [different council / different tariff].

Great Yarmouth...
Destination Expert
for Norwich, Great Yarmouth
Level Contributor
584 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest way to travel from Airport to Lowestoft

The last bus from Norwich to lowestoft is at 5.15pm on a Sunday so taxi seems to be the only option.

Ring to compare prices and book a car

ABC taxis on 01603 666333

Loyal taxis 01603 619619

Bestway 01603 666666

Goldstar 01603 700700

Courtesy 01603 446644

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest way to travel from Airport to Lowestoft

Also try Canary 01603 414243 who I always use when I need a taxi.

4. Re: Cheapest way to travel from Airport to Lowestoft

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 05:16