We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report 3 day weekend

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
431 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report 3 day weekend

Had a great few days this last weekend and wanted to say thanks to forum members as I got some info and ideas from variouos people/posts.

We left Sheffield on Friday afternoon, later than planned but still Ok for an afternoon arrival in Robin Hoods Bay. We hadn't been able to book for the lower bay in advance as we only had one night and rang to check out possibilities on the way up to RHB. The Bay Hotel had been our first choice as we thought we’d get good sea views there but they were fully booked. We'd already decided our next choice and rang the Victoria Hotel - we felt very lucky to get a sea view room there. The minimum rate for one next in the area seems to be upwards of £75/80 per night so we were happy with the £100 per night sea view room in the Victoria. We got a lovely room and felt the extra £25 ‘ish was well worth it. They also have deluxe king size rooms as well I discovered whilst we were there (£120 per night) and those rooms have a balcony which would be great in the summer months. May well one of those another time.

We walked down to the dock area after check in and had a mosey along the beach, a quick look a the shops and a drink in, respectively, the Laurel, The Dolphin and the Bay Hotel. We're usually driving when we visit RHB and it was lovely to be able to have a bit of a pub crawl! We booked a table in the Smugglers and then it was back up to the Victoria for a rest and then get ready for the evening. We walked up via the sea wall path which is my favourite way back up the hill - more scenic and also easier on the legs and lungs!

After another scenic walk down to the lower we bay we had drinks/food and drinks and then more drinks! We really enjoyed our food in the Smugglers Bistro and would recommend it for people who like sea food. I had a lovely chowder which was more 'cassolette' (rubbish spelling!) than the typical 'fish soup' chowder. All in all a great meal at a reasonable price.

Had a really great breakfast at the Victoria and could not eat it all! Not just quantity however, everything was good quality and well cooked. We couldn’t fault it and the Victoria will be on our list of places to stay again.

Left after breakfast for a driving tour of the North Yorkshire Moors with Hawnby as our ultimate destination for Saturday night. More on that to follow as this has taken longer than I thought it would when I started........

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report 3 day weekend

Glad you enjoyed your trip to North Yorkshire and hope it will not be too long before you come again. Hopefully the weather will be a few degrees warmer for you

2. Re: Trip report 3 day weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 07:17