We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation for 1 night only (on a Saturday)

Cramlington, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation for 1 night only (on a Saturday)

Hi everyone,

I am struggling to find accomodation for 2 people (double) for one night only on Sat 17th July.

We would like to stay somewhere in Whitby town centre, or within 5 minutes walking distance.

Our first choice would be a pub, but we're happy to look at b and b's/hotels/apartments.

Our budget is very flexible, there is just no way we can go for 2 nights due to work commitments.

Thank you

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation for 1 night only (on a Saturday)

I know it sounds extravagant but have you thought about booking 2 nights and only staying one. Often there is a supplement for a one night stay in any case. If you pay for 2 nights you could then get there as early as you wish in the day and use the facilities. This may give you a better choice of accommodation and if you got up early enough at home you could get there in time for breakfast .

Cramlington, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation for 1 night only (on a Saturday)

thanks for the suggestion, I'm waiting to hear back from a few people to see if they can accomodate our 1 night request (hoping la rosa's can). If not, I will certainly be investigating your suggestion.

Many thanks again

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation for 1 night only (on a Saturday)

The Rosa is a wonderful choice and the staff are all so friendly.If you stay there you will want to stay for the week.It is just a very lovely and a different place to go for bed and breakfast. I have already planning to take my grandchildren here for a proper Alice in Wonderland tea for their birthdays which will now be possible as they are open to the public from Easter 2010.

Cramlington, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation for 1 night only (on a Saturday)

yipee, we've got a room at la rosa and they only require 1 nights stay. Staying in the sacre coeur room. Can't wait!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation for 1 night only (on a Saturday)

Please remember to tell us all about it. Have a great time

Cramlington, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation for 1 night only (on a Saturday)

I will thanks - roll on July 17th x

Whitby, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation for 1 night only (on a Saturday)

For future ref The Discover Yorkshire Coast website offers on-line searches of availability. Plug in your date and see what comes up.

discoveryorkshirecoast.com/whitby-welcome-ne…

However, you have landed luckily with La Rosa - it's really quite magical and has the best views in Whitby. It's also dog-friendly, by the way.

Have a lovely time.

Edited: 13 April 2010, 13:39
8. Re: Accomodation for 1 night only (on a Saturday)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Whitby
Recent Conversations