We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking

Which Whitby hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
148 reviews
Save Topic
Parking

This is not a question but just for awareness. You can buy a parking permit from theToursit office at Whitby and basically you get a free days parking when you purchase a permit from them.. We only recently found this out.

Hope someone with make use of this information.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,729 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking

Thank you, that's very useful information. Will certainly make use of it next time we're there.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,678 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking

Interesting NSBruce. I've always managed to get free street parking, but useful for those visiting in the school holidays.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking

We have always gone to Whitby for the Gothic Weekends. One year we drove around for nearly 1 hour trying to get parked, what a nightmare. So we dont bother anymore and just park in the park and display carparks. Less hastle,.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking

I have never paid for parking and always find on street during goth week!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking

I simply put a posting on this forum to be helpful to people about parking in Whitby.

Basildon, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
813 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking

Interestingly, we went there this week and the one thing that shouted out to us, was the poor parking for the disabled. The car parks were all signed that blue badge holder still have to pay. There were spaces on the streets for disabled drivers but ALL were full, many NOT by disabled badge holders. The main car parks were well away from the facilities so even less friendly for the disabled. We did find one "radar" toilet on a steep hill!

whitby uk
Level Contributor
119 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking

There is a new parking area on Silver street. Ex universal garage land. its a lot cheaper than the other town ones and rarely full.

also the council car park on cliff street tends to have lots of spaces now Sommerfield has gone and replaced with pound land.

There are lots of secret places around, if your clever enough. i work on church street and only twice have i not found a place.

Also the street wardens are more than fair and will hang about for you rather than ticket you straight away.

if anyone wants some secret parking spots for a holiday msg me and i will tell you what i know. ;)

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking

hoppityskip, none of the car parks in the Scarborough & Ryedale area (which includes Whitby) give free parking for blue badge holders as a matter of course. Although there are some disabled on street parking spaces they fill up quickly and parking is fairly pricey in the middle of the towns too.

daveHumblepie, you will be innundated with requests but remember not to give away ALL of your secrets!

Basildon, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
813 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking

Thanks for that, I do think that that is very mean, there appeares little control by the authorities of non disabled parkers in disabled spaces.

Also the provision of toilets for the disabled and to have the parking for a RADAR toilet as being on a hill is positively perverse!

whitby uk
Level Contributor
119 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking

I was also under the impression (spoke to council warden) that if you have blue disabled badge you can park indefinitely in a 40mins street space.

In fact there was a mini war broke out, outside my shop with swapping of nasty notes on windscreens due to the blue badges.

Get answers to your questions about Whitby