We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything special for Halloween??

Which Whitby hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Staffs
Level Contributor
214 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Anything special for Halloween??

Hello again. I wondered if there is anything in particular planned for Halloween? Either just around the streets or any particular events in pubs/restaurants? We always come up for 5 days in Oct so have seen the decorated pubs, but usually have gone just before the 31st. Hoping some of the Goths will have started to arrive too :-)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,675 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anything special for Halloween??

There is the Halloween in the park event going on:

…discoveryorkshirecoast.com/thedms.aspx…

And the Bram Stoker film festival:

http://www.bramstokerfilmfestival.com/

Staffs
Level Contributor
214 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anything special for Halloween??

Thanks for those. Don't think the film festival will be suitable for my 10 year old. The event in the park looks great but its on Sat and we dont arrive till Sun. Thanks anyway :-)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,675 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anything special for Halloween??

Oh sorry - useless ideas both then! I am sure there will be other bits and bobs going on around Whitby and hope you have a great visit either way.

Staffs
Level Contributor
214 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anything special for Halloween??

Many thanks :-) We have been going to Whitby for 15 years. Im sure we will find something to do. My son has decided he is just going to walk around in a scary mask all day lol

Thanks again for the suggestions

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,675 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anything special for Halloween??

I just came across this and thought it might be of interest (it is on on Sunday as well as the Sat):

nymr.co.uk/special-events/…

6. Re: Anything special for Halloween??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Whitby