We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay

Which Whitby hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
734 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay

Hi looking for somewhere to stay within walking distance of main area for 1 saturday night only 2 adults 1 17 year old child parking needed, never been before but coming for a birthday get together where can you recommend?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,716 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay

A lot of the B&Bs will not do one night stays over weekends, but if they'll do the one night, I'd recommend the Argyle B&B, which is very nice and has a lot of free street parking nearby.

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay

I'd recommend No 5 guest house, friendly and comfy & breakfast until ten. See reviews on TA

York
Level Contributor
15 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay

I think you will struggle find somewhere for one night at the weekend in advance.

I believe the resolution hotel will let you do this...and it has some fairly good reviews.

Depending on when you are travelling, it might be worth the risk to wait until the week before and then ring round and enquire, particularly if you are going in the 'low' season when there are bound to be vacancies.

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
434 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay

We've never been able to book for a Saturday night in advance. We can only ever do one night due to family committments and always have to go up and take pot luck - that's high and low season.

However when we were in Whitby in November last year the 'pot luck 'was at Lavina House and the proprietor said that she will sometimes agree a one night stay on a Saturday if people telephone. To be honest she did tell me that after I'd commented on how hard it was to book in advance and may just have said that to be kind to me and my OH - but it's worth a try. Details.........

Email: info@laviniahouse.co.uk

Tel:01947 602945

By the way we had a great stay - lovely rooms and a sound breakfast. I love the position up on the West Cliff and we find it very easy to access the Town below, and we're just average in terms of fitness (I'm probably even below average!) The B&B is charming and well appointed. I didn't do a review but kept meaning to - perhaps this will prompt a belated one.

Whitby's a real favourite of ours and we go several times a year - happy to answer any other questions.

whitby uk
Level Contributor
119 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay

Yes the whole one night thing is a bit of a problem, if you chance it and turn up you will sometimes get one night if the B&B isnt full, but they usually hold on till about 6pm which is leaving it late if you dont have any where to stay.

Ring round some of the newer ones who have more chance of not being full. Just if its Aug or goth week, folk week or Regatta forget it. town is full a year in advance.

What about the Youth Hostel? im hearing good things about it, and its not like it used to be years ago.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
734 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay

Thanks we got booked a few days before arrival at Kimberley House for 1 night. stayed in the loft family area was clean and fresh breakfast was lovely. Had a great weekend and pleased we booked to stay there would go back.

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
434 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay

I'm glad you got sorted - and thanks for letting us know where you stayed. I can add that to my list of places to try now!

8. Re: where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Whitby