We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Angel Hotel Whitby [Yorkshire]

Which Whitby hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
The Angel Hotel Whitby [Yorkshire]

I am planning to visit Whitby later this year and have noticed that there is a J D Wetherspoon pub in New Quay Road. Strangely, there is no reference to it on Trip Advisor, so I cannot glean any impartial information on the place. I would be grateful if anybody can enlighten me, or, suggest other pleasant B & B accommodation with nearby parking.

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Angel Hotel Whitby [Yorkshire]

Its not open yet - opens later this year I think. No 5 Guest House is where we stay when we go to Whitby - very friendly, comfortable and breakfast until 10am - see the many good reviews on here

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,739 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Angel Hotel Whitby [Yorkshire]

As Joe says the Angel Hotel has not yet opened (it is waiting on licence approval I believe).

I normally stay at the Argyle B&B, which has free street parking both Hudson St (where it is) or if not around North and West Terrace which are moments away on foot:

http://www.whitbyaccommodation.co.uk/

whitby uk
Level Contributor
119 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Angel Hotel Whitby [Yorkshire]

28th march by the looks of the sign-age. And i think the Fleece look about ready for their re launch after refit. Quite exciting really.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Angel Hotel Whitby [Yorkshire]

Just been to Whitby on March 16 and pub is nearing completion.Website has rooms for 79 pounds but doesnt say whether this includes breakfast.If its as good as the Wetherspoons in Southport should be a welcome addition to Whitby, unless your a local landlord

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Angel Hotel Whitby [Yorkshire]

Thank you all for your helpful information. I shall keep an eye out for user comments in due course.

Rye, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
99 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Angel Hotel Whitby [Yorkshire]

Chech out The Arches b&b, it has unlimited free parking outside & breakfast to die for! Check their reviews. Enjoy your trip.

whitby uk
Level Contributor
119 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Angel Hotel Whitby [Yorkshire]

The Arches is street parking, you wont get one in summer.

Rye, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
99 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Angel Hotel Whitby [Yorkshire]

Lots of people say that. I only mentioned it because I stayed a week at end of July & managed to park in the street everyday without a problem. Fair point though.

Heanor, England...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Angel Hotel Whitby [Yorkshire]

28th March The New Angel is now open.

Heanor, England...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply