We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to park

Which Whitby hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Where to park

Hi There

Me and my partner are off to Whitby next week staying at the Duke of York for 3 nights and I was wondering where is the best place to park. Also as this is are first time in Whitby any tips of what to do would be most helpful.We like just getting around in the day and a few drinks in the evening.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,676 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to park

Hey rigsby44,

You are in a difficult spot for parking in the cobbled "old town" area. The closest public parking at Church St:

www.scarborough.gov.uk/default.aspx…

If you are mainly on foot and happy to leave your car further afield there is a lots of free on-street parking across the bridge up beyond the Khyber Pass on East & North Terrace etc.

What sort of things do you like to do? Some stuff I like doing in Whitby would include:

Visiting the Whalebone Arch

Wandering up the famous steps and seeing the Abbey

Doing the free Dracula walk (Google & the route comes up)

Visiting the Sutcliffe Gallery

Walking he sea walls and taking in the smokeries in the old town

Out of Whitby I'd recommend Robin Hood's Bay and Runswick Bay for walks & exploring. In the evenings try the Black Horse for ales and the Magpie Cafe for amazing fish and chips!

whitby uk
Level Contributor
119 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to park

Silver street car park is still pretty much undiscovered by the hoards unless there is a Auction on (thursdays) and its sightly cheaper than SBC

3. Re: Where to park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Whitby