We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caravan Parks

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Caravan Parks

Don't know if many owners are familiar with the new Mobile homes act 2013 but here goes.

As a park home owner you have the right to sell or (gift) to a member of your family.

The site owner does not have the rights to approve the buyer , but the buyer will have to abide by the site rules.

It is illegal for the site owner to

*Evict you without a court order

*Harrass you into giving up your home.

Prevent you from excising your rights to give up your home.

Most importantly They can no longer get involved in the sale of your home, You don't have to offer them your home first, new laws state they can not interfere with the sale of your home.

Your buyer does not have to have any contact with the site owners,

These site owners have had it to good for far to long. Another law that I would like to see instated is that if people on ceratin sites are paying £30.000 for a new van, they should be able to site it a darn site longer than 12 years, Thats just ridiculous.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
5,019 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caravan Parks

Sorry but I have reported your post as non-travel related and being on the wrong forum, as it does not seem to relate to either Whitby or visiting Whitby.

Mentioned in this post
Whitby
Whitby
Scarborough District, UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caravan Parks

It is related , when people are looking to buy a holiday home. Like I was and are not familiar with the new laws.

3. Re: Caravan Parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 12:36
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
10,969 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caravan Parks

I have just read this with interest and assumed it was only relevant to residential sites but I see it also covers holiday parks --- and about time too !

Your post would have been better placed in the UK section as it would be of interest for people wanting a holiday caravan anywhere in UK and not just in Whitby.

Graham

Mentioned in this post
Whitby
Whitby
Scarborough District, UK
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,454 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caravan Parks

And this is on this forum because???.I suggest you transfer it too the appropriate forum.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
10,969 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caravan Parks

Hi Yorkshiregirl.

Bit late now !

Graham

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,454 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caravan Parks

True graham,don't come on here often,even tho I'm from Whitby.lol.

And probarbly know a lot about the place,as most of my family here,visit regularly,hubbys from here too.lol.maybe I should come on more often.

Edited: 09 September 2014, 21:33
Mentioned in this post
Whitby
Whitby
Scarborough District, UK
8. Re: Caravan Parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Whitby
Recent Conversations