We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

york city football day out

paisley
Level Contributor
364 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
york city football day out

as some of you might have read in here me and the mates are coming too york for a stag doo.we were thinking about going to the racing in beverly on the saturday but are now thinking about going to watch york v rushdan and diamonds on the saturday afternoon.would we need to pre book the tickets or can we just arrive and pay at the gates.how much would a ticket cost and is the stadium close to york town centre

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,746 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: york city football day out

All here - http://www.ycfc.net/

I would they would be delighted to see you all turn up!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,563 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: york city football day out

Kit Kat Crescent is no more than 10 mins walk from the Minster.

York
Level Contributor
585 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: york city football day out

costs about £14 to stand on the terraces and match will not be all ticket so no need to book. Conference standards are almost league standards these days so should be a good match. The manager and team captain are both Scottish!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: york city football day out

Yeah go for it. My Wife and I are regular visitors to York and have taken in the football on a few occasions.

The last time we went was during a huge struggle both on and off the field (2 or 3 years back) and we managed to find ourselves in a protest march to the ground, great fun.

York were hammered (by Mansfield I think) 1-4 but it was still good fun, friendly locals, reasonable standard of football, good pies etc and of course you have the choice of all those pubs before and after the game. What more could you want?

As for prices, we sat in the main stand and it cost £16 but this was a few years back when they were still in the football league. I doubt it would be too different nowadays.

England
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: york city football day out

The match isn't on the Saturday - it's been switched to the Thursday before - Setanta TV

paisley
Level Contributor
364 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: york city football day out

seen on the york city website that the game was moved to the thursday so back too square one now.looks like a day out a ripon racecourse on the saturday afternoon

7. Re: york city football day out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 15:19
Get answers to your questions about York