We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yorkshire Wheel

Which York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
728 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Yorkshire Wheel

We have just spent a lovely weekend in York - bought as a gift for my husband's 60th birthday from his daughter's.

We stayed at the Royal York hotel - I am posting a short review.

We had booked the wheel for 2pm on the saturday but as we arrived earlier we called to see if we could ride there and then. The staff were lovely and as the wheel was not busy we were able to ride within ten minutes.

The VIP pod had been booked for us - the seats are leather and swish, the pod is air conditioned, there is a music system and champagne was also another of our treats. We sat opposite one another but me being the wimp of heights we swapped on the first full turn of the wheel as I did not like the look of the drop!! Then when we got to the top Hubby said look down - I had not noticed the glass floor - yikesssss that set me off again - refilling of the champagne flute!!! Panic over and the view was wonderful, you can see for miles.

The pod was lovely and we really enjoyed it - I dont think that the other pods have the extras as the VIP has though.

As the wheel was not busy at the time of day that we were on it - 6pm - I think we went around a few more times than usual.

A great attraction and a not to be missed one in our view.

Jan

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yorkshire Wheel

We went on the wheel on Thursday afternoon - it was surprisingly quiet and we went round 5 times. No champagne though :( Really enjoyed it, it was a treat for my son as he had not been able to go on the London Eye during his recent visit to London. This kind of made up for it as the weather was clear and the views were wonderful, just a little hazy.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yorkshire Wheel

How much is it for a trip on the wheel?

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yorkshire Wheel

£6 for adults and £4 for children I think.

4. Re: Yorkshire Wheel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about York