We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premier Travel Inn - York???

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Premier Travel Inn - York???

We (family of 4) need a place to spend one night in York with close proximity to the train...we are planning to tak the 6 AM train to Kings Cross...my research has led me to this hotel. Can we walk to the train from here??? Is this is a clean and safe place to stay???

Thanks...

Pickering England
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Premier Travel Inn - York???

Yes you can walk to station.

it is a budget chain hotel and generally speaking they do what it says on the tin. From my experience of others it will be fairly basic,but clean and safe-as ever noise largely depends on client mix that night.. In short ,as ever, you get what you pay for but it should hold no fears.

England
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Premier Travel Inn - York???

Why don't stay at the holgate hill hotel? it's a 30 bedroom family hotel with a nice room (it's really 2 rooms in 1, one dubble bed with en suite and through a door you get to a other room with 2 single beds, it's in my opinion the best family room i've slept in. i'm not sure if they have more than one of those rooms but if i can remember it's nr 26. good luck.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,045 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Premier Travel Inn - York???

Hi, the Premier Travel Inn in Blossom Street is a great location for getting to the station. My daughter and I stayed there for a couple of nights for a Christmas shopping trip and found it to be clean and safe. We had no qualms about walking back to the hotel by ourselves in the evenings.

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
835 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Premier Travel Inn - York???

I stayed there last year for 4 nights - I caught the train and it takes about 5 mins to walk to the Station.

It is very safe, next to the York wall and the rooms are clean and comfortable - in fact the same as every other PTI in the UK - which is why I often stay in them -you get consistency. They may not have Spa and pools but they are very good value

Only one tip - don't eat in the hotel - the food isn't brill and there are loads of good restaurants on the doorstep.

Sarah

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,563 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Premier Travel Inn - York???

You don't say how old your family is. I've stayed at a few PTI's with my family of 4, but they just keep on getting older!!

The reason I'm asking is for the family rooms.... they usually sleep 2 adults (mum & dad) in the 'slightly bigger than normal' double bed and then a fold-out for the kids (little bit smaller but easily managable for two under 10's)

If your kids are older though, (I'm still assuming kids) you could happily get a room next door as all of the entrance hallways are only accessible with a key card, as are the rooms. I can vouch, first hand, that they 'keys' only open their own doors.

As for proximity to the train station........ you couldn't be closer! I've walked it many times and it does take under 5 mins. You can see the train station from the hotel but strangely enough you can't hear it.

As for your last few questions, yes it is a safe and clean place to stay. If you're going to be out at night I'd recommend you walk the 'train station route' back to the hotel incase you stumble across any of those tiresome hen or stag parties.

Also agree with a previous poster about not eating at the hotel, however, if you do have kids with you, you should have the breakfast. It's a £7.50 per adult, all-you-can-eat buffet which is pretty decent. (kids eat free)

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Premier Travel Inn - York???

Thanks for all the advice...our kids are 10 and 12 and we are just travelling through for the night, so I think this will meet our needs. We hope to take the early - 6 AM - train to London...Any train suggestions? I have looked at the gner web site, but cannot book unitl later this month - 3 months out... as always appreciate your comments!

7. Re: Premier Travel Inn - York???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about York