We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friendly pubs serving food

London, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Friendly pubs serving food

The title sort of says it all! :D

I want to visit a couple of nice pubs during my trip to York. I've read up a bit on Gillygate, Golden Slipper, Snickleway Inn & Old Starre.

Has anyone been to these, an do they all serve food?

Thanks Darren

Cambridge Uk
Level Contributor
137 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Friendly pubs serving food

We went to the Old Starre - great food and beer and very old and authentic. There are loads of pubs everywhere you look and all have good food - the staples of the menu seemed to be either pie and mash or fish and chips.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
377 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Friendly pubs serving food

Gillygate, Golden Slipper, Snickleway Inn & Old Starre

As far as I am aware, all of the above apart from the Snickleway serve food. My mum went for a meal only last thursday to the golden slipper and said it was horrible, so perhaps be wary.

As the other poster has said though, there are many, many pubs in York and man that serve food! Have a quick half before you order and if you like what you see, dive in! :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Friendly pubs serving food

Cheers!

I ate at the Old Starre twice, and once at Gillygate. Very nice!

4. Re: Friendly pubs serving food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 11:23