We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Accomodation in York City Centre

Which York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Family Accomodation in York City Centre

Hi, Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am planning a trip to York for a couple of nights beginning 28/11/08 to go to the Christmas market. There will be 2 possibly 3 adults and 2 kids aged 2 & 3. I am not great at directions, so I would really like as central a location as possible and definatly parking. I have checked bothe premier inn & travel lodge who have no availability.

Thanks

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Accomodation in York City Centre

As nobody has replied to this I thought it only fit to offer my suggestion. With both the Travelodge and Premier Inn full it does narrow the possibilities somewhat but off the top of my head how about the Novotel on Fishergate?

Great location (2 mins from the Travelodge Central) with everything in walking distance. Typical Novotel rooms, but I gather most have been refurbished to a higher standard so it might be an option, plus parking as well. Only downside is some ridiculous rate charges at certain times which unfortunately prices a lot of people out. Give www.novotel.co.uk a go and see what it comes out at. Best of luck.

Alternatively, how about the Ibis near the Premier Inn?

Notts
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Accomodation in York City Centre

Have you tried the Hilton? It's very central with parking both on-site and large car park opposite(Clifford's Tower). We stayed last summer and it was excellent. They also do packages which include dinner on the first night.

Pickering England
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Accomodation in York City Centre

Contact the York Tourist office-they will know who has availability with the room configuration you need

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
582 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Accomodation in York City Centre

Hi there - we have stayed at the Express by Holiday Inn off the ring road towards Malton. I appreciate that isn't a central location BUT there is ample parking, it is likely to be cheaper, you get a decent breakfast included in the price AND you can easily nip round to the nearest Park and Ride, which is also an out of town shopping complex. That way you avoid the town centre traffic, wich will be horrendous if there is a Christmas market on! Just a thought...

5. Re: Family Accomodation in York City Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about York