We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

outlet shopping centre

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
outlet shopping centre

Hi ,i've booked couple of days break in york staying at the travel lodge central.has anyone stayed there as i cant seem to find it on here. i've also heard theres a good outlet shopping centre just outside of york and was wondering if there would be any public transport that goes there as we are getting the train. any info would be a great help

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,574 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: outlet shopping centre

http://www.yorkdesigneroutlet.com/findus.asp

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: outlet shopping centre

I've stayed at the Travelodge Central a few times in York. It's a nice modern Travelodge, next door to a Wetherspoons pub. It does exactly what it says on the tin, it is a Travelodge after all. Great location, 5mins walk from the centre and just around the corner from Cliffords Tower area. It's a solid choice.

As for the outlet shopping centre, people do rave about it but I think it's a bit rubbish. Good if you are a medium (I am not), which seems to be the size of the majority of clothes stock. There are other shops as well though, so you might pick up a bargain. I don't know if I would bother with a special journey on public transport though. We normally leave it until our journey home to Norwich and stop off there for an hour on the way out of York on the A64.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,064 posts
2,000 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: outlet shopping centre

The York Outlet centre is operated by the same company that runs Cheshire Oaks.

There are a good range of shops and especially designer shops. Its also indoors, so do not have to worry about the weather.

I belive there are frequent bus services and you have the details of the website that has more information.

York
Level Contributor
585 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: outlet shopping centre

The Outlet has a park and ride site in its car park, so you can easily get there and back by using the park and ride buses in reverse, or you can catch the Arriva Selby bus which calls in at the outlet. Just make sure you get the correct Park and Ride from York as there are 5 different ones!

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,251 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: outlet shopping centre

There's a regular bus route every 20 minutes during the day that goes to outlet centre. It stops a few places but the easiest place for you to pick it up is outside The Gallery nightclub on cliffords street (just a bit along from the fire station and magristates court). Costs a couple of quid return (or it did when I last went!). Takes about 20 minutes depending on traffic.

This is the bus companies site with routes and times

firstgroup.com/ukbus/…index.php

Pickering England
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: outlet shopping centre

As others have said it is very easy to get to-but my question would be why??

There is good stuff but also some less so-suggest you check the stores in the centre and whether they are for you before you go

York
Level Contributor
485 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: outlet shopping centre

It is noticeable that even with MacArthur Glen, most York people still go to Leeds when they want the best choice of clothes...

8. Re: outlet shopping centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 22:19
Get answers to your questions about York
Recent Conversations