We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

blue bicycle - has it changed what they offer?

Mboro. UK
Level Contributor
600 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
blue bicycle - has it changed what they offer?

I have booked my friends into the blue bicycle rooms. When i booked this is what the description said:

Your stay includes on site parking, a bottle of Champagne on arrival, a fruit basket and the choice of either a full English or continental pastry breakfast pack which you would prepare in the room. There is also a fridge full of complimentary mixers, fruit juices, soft drinks, beers, milk etc & home-made bread’, cereals, preserves, Whisky & Gin are also available in the room. All of these items are provided with our compliments.

Now their website says you only get fruit and champagne on arrival. Have tried to phone, but no reply. Does anyone know if they have changed their service in rooms?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: blue bicycle - has it changed what they offer?

We stayed there in August and we got the full lot as described. It was loveley and highly recommend.

Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: blue bicycle - has it changed what they offer?

So is there no option to have breakfast prepared for you?

Thanks

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: blue bicycle - has it changed what they offer?

No because the rooms are more like a self contained flat - complete with full kitchens , all untensils, cooker, fridge etc. I can't think they would open the Blue Bicycle restaurant up for breakfast as it wouldn't prove cost effective.

I would ring them again and ask if this has changed.

York
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: blue bicycle - has it changed what they offer?

Full or conti breakfast is still provided in the Blue Rooms for self preparation, as this is self

catering. Everything else is still provided in the rooms.

Mboro. UK
Level Contributor
600 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: blue bicycle - has it changed what they offer?

just to update: BB phoned, apologised that the 'hotel' side of things had been on christmas hols. They were very helpful and told me that everything was as it should be, so hopefully, my friends will have a very nice time there.

6. Re: blue bicycle - has it changed what they offer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2009, 22:18