We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay for one night?

stirling
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay for one night?

Hi

can any one help

Me and my friends who live dotted about in the uk are meeting up in York (june) for one night.

We have ruled out youth hostel as one friend wants en suite!

one friend is on a tight budget!

I would really have liked a apartment!

another friend seems keen on a hotel

can anyone suggest anything as Iam getting tired looking and i might of missed something

Thanks

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
379 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay for one night?

As uninspiring as it may be, your best bet will be a travel lodge/premier inn etc.

You will really struggle to find anywhere else willing to put you up for just a single night, in summer.

stirling
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay for one night?

thanks have looked at both of them but unavailable for the 13th of june

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
379 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay for one night?

Agh no, things get extremely busy in sumemrtime, especially on a race day!!!

You could try Novotel, Ramada Encore etc.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,583 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay for one night?

What about a guest house?? I know some offer en-suite rooms. Need to book ASAP though as already said many of these are booked in adavance particularly round race time.

York
Level Contributor
196 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay for one night?

If you log onto the York tourist office website, you can get an idea of what accommodation is available.

http://www.visityork.org/

I know you said that you've ruled out the Youth Hostel, but as others have said, you'll be struggling to meet all your criteria for a racing Saturday night, especially as many B&Bs insist on 2 night stays over the weekend. The Youth Hostel may not have en-suites, but it's very reasonably priced and you could have a room for the 4 of you.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
582 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay for one night?

Hi- have you checked the Express by Holiday Inn which is on the Malton road out of York. you would be able to get into York relatively easily - at least if you have a car - Park and Ride nearby. It's relatively cheap, has ensuite and breakfasts are usually part of the deal

Mboro. UK
Level Contributor
600 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay for one night?

Masons arms let you stay for one night

stirling
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay for one night?

Saldy the mason arms is fully booked that day

9. Re: where to stay for one night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 18:17