We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burns Night

Which York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lancashire
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Burns Night

Hi

A couple of years ago we went to a great Burns Night supper at the Bar Convent. What made the night extra special was that here was dancing - with a "caller" - so we could all join in!

I am trying to arrange a similar thing for his year but can only find a Burns Night at 2 venues - Bar Convent and The Grange (I think) and neither is offering dancing.

Does anyone know of anywhere else? The important bit of course is the "caller"!

York
Level Contributor
485 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Burns Night

I know a couple of people who are in ceilidh bands who would play at these things, but I'm guessing you're not wanting to actually organise your own event...

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Burns Night

As far as I am aware the Fauconberg Arms in Coxwold are celebrating Burns Night. with piping of the haggis ,banter and reading . Maybe if you rang them they would be able to give you more details . Their number is 01347 868214

lancashire
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Burns Night

Thanks very much for your replies!

4. Re: Burns Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about York