We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B/hotel close to royal opera house

Which York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
136 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
B&B/hotel close to royal opera house

Hi im going to a concert and looking for a B&B within easy walking distance to the royal opera house. I need something with car parking.

I may stay in york for the weekend and so im looking for something nice but not too expensive. I would welcome any suggestions thanks

York
Level Contributor
195 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B/hotel close to royal opera house

Hello,

I presume you mean the Grand Opera House? The theatre is right in the heart of York, so very convenient.

I know you mention that you're looking for a B&B, but depending how soon your trip is, you may find a good promotion at the Hilton, Queen's Hotel, or the Park Inn which all have parking and are all in easy walking distance.

As for B&Bs, some of the best ones are along Bootham, which is probably about a 10-15 minutes walk away. If you peruse the reviews on here, you should find something that will suit.

Hope you have a lovely time.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
136 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B/hotel close to royal opera house

Yes i do mean the Grand opera house lol.

Thanks for your fast reply. Im also considering pubs with acc as well. Im not worried about using the car as long as its parked safely it can stay put all weekend.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B/hotel close to royal opera house

A pub with a lot of character and that has car parking is the Black Swan on Peasholme Green and probably has a couple of ghosts there too-so not for the faint hearted.The pub itself has lots of little rooms.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
64 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B/hotel close to royal opera house

There are quite a few B&Bs around the Scarcroft Hill area which is walkable and a lot of the places are very highly rated on here. Some suggestions might be Southlands Guest House, Gregory's or the Acer. I've never stayed in any of those but they would give you an idea of the area I mean.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
136 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B/hotel close to royal opera house

Thanks guys for all your help, Im all sorted now staying At the waggon and horses. Paul and Mandy seem really nice and really helpful. You know when you get a good vibe from someone straight away. Ill do a review after ive stayed there and let you all know.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
136 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: B&B/hotel close to royal opera house

Ok so I promised a review after my weekend in York so here goes.

The waggon and horses is a little gem and I had a great stay. It was easy to find and offered secure free car parking which is a huge bonus. They have a large choice of handpulled beer which i worked my way through.

Paul and Mandy the landlord/lady are really welcoming and helpful. I forgot my Iphone charger and Mandy very kindly plugged it into her pc for me.

Lovely rooms and a great breakfast, friendly service and excellent value for money. All within a ten min walk from the heart of york.

7. Re: B&B/hotel close to royal opera house

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2010, 05:15