We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport from leeds bradford airport

n. ireland
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
transport from leeds bradford airport

Hi

Is there a direct bus from the airport to york.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport from leeds bradford airport

There used to be a direct bus but looks like its been cancelled. More info at the links below.

http://www.yorkairlink.com/

http://www.yorkshiretravel.net/welcome.do

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport from leeds bradford airport

As far as I am aware you would need to go into Leeds then travel on to York

York
Level Contributor
585 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: transport from leeds bradford airport

regular buses to Leeds City Centre from where you can catch bus or train to York, daytime and evening only except for occasional night train which, ironically, is run to serve Manchester Airport!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,108 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transport from leeds bradford airport

It is called Leeds Bradford because it is part way between both. you will be best getting the bus from the airport to Leeds or Harrogate then bus or train to York.

leedsbradfordairport.co.uk/passengerinformat…

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,610 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transport from leeds bradford airport

Unfortunately the bus from Harrogate to York has now stopped but there ARE trains every half an hour or so. more at peak times.

The bus from LBIA to Harrogate is called the 767 Airport Express - here are the details

www.harrogatebus.co.uk/times.jsp…

In Harrogate the bus and train stations are practically next to each other so it wouldn't be a problem if you took the bus to Harrogate and then the train to York.

Whereas in Leeds the bus and train stations are almost a mile apart (although linked by a Free Bus during the day).

Not a lot of difference if you should to go via Harrogate or Leeds really.

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,610 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transport from leeds bradford airport

I posted this once but my post seems to have disappeared?

There is no longer a bus between Harrogate and York, but there is a train service, every half an hour or so. So you could take the airport bus from LBIA to Harrogate and then continue to York by train.

wymetro.com/NR/…HDT767.pdf

The bus and train stations are practically next to each other in Harrogate so there wouldn't be a problem.

However in Leeds the bus and train stations are about a mile apart (but linked some of the day by a Free Bus).

Not much difference really whether you go to Leeds or Harrogate and then onwards.

Edited: 25 March 2010, 08:41
York
Level Contributor
585 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: transport from leeds bradford airport

slightly off topic but as far as I know it is not strictly true the Harrogate - York bus has completely stopped as whilst Transdev stopped their service, the route was shared with Harrogate Coach Services who kept on their service. Last timetable seen shows 4 buses per day but subject to review "in 2010". As all the publicity said the route had been scrapped it seems unlikely HCS are making it pay! HCS also run the buses from York to Ripon which I can only assume are subsidised by NYCC.

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,610 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transport from leeds bradford airport

interesting - our local Harrogate newspaper had said this service had now stopped completely. I have never heard of Harrogate Coach Services. There wasn't such a fuss about the bus stopping as was anticipated, as I think it was very slow and not as well used as they thought it would be.

There IS another fuss at the moment locally though about how packed the trains are between Harrogate and York (and Leeds) at peak times morning and late afternoon, with people standing in very cramped conditions every day. There's a bit of a campaign going to get some more coaches onto the trains at these times.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,329 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: transport from leeds bradford airport

The 757 will get you to either leeds bus or train station.

Another option is to jump into a taxi to guiseley railway station, minimum fare should apply, then get the train to york, changing at leeds

York
Level Contributor
585 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: transport from leeds bradford airport

Looks like the Harrogate - York is now stopped completely as Morgana correctly reported. Harrogate Coach Travel are based at Green Hammerton and seem to be limited to a hourly service from York to Ripon via Boroughbridge, the Wetherby - Knaresborough service, and a villages bus round the Ainsty south of the A64 from York and Askham Bar to Bolton Percy, Colton and Appleton Roebuck.

Get answers to your questions about York