We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ghost Walks

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Ghost Walks

I've read the articles, but can anyone recommend the "best" or most entertaining and informative Ghost Walk? No chidren, just a single female traveller.

Thanks.

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
295 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ghost Walks

The one that leaves at 8pm from outside the City Art Gallery - I think it is called the Haunted Walk - no need to book, just show up on the night. It is a great evening and actually quite spooky! When you are in York, maybe ask around and see what other people think is the best one to do, as I haven't done it in a couple of years.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ghost Walks

I would have recommended the Original Ghost walk which starts at the Kings Arms at the bottom of the Ouse bridge at 8pm

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
302 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ghost Walks

Hi,

I would also recommend the ghost walk from the Kings Arms. it was very enjoyable and a lot of the tales were historical.

Carol

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
27 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ghost Walks

I liked the one which leaves from in front of the Minster. The guide was very professional, able to tell a great story and also very funny.

York
Level Contributor
109 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ghost Walks

Yes I'd agree the one from the Minster (7.30pm nightly) is excellent and my personal favourite. There's also one which leaves from the Roman Column just by the Minster - not sure exactly what time but the young guy is often to be found on Stilts at the top of Stonegate / Petergate by the Minster during the day, we went on his recently and that was excellent too.

One last thing - stay AWAY from Trevor Rooneys walk (have a look at the other forum posting!)

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
691 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ghost Walks

Whichever you choose, don't let anyone convince you to meet at a different location. That's how we got hijacked by the Rooney tour, didn't realize what had happened until it was too late.

7. Re: Ghost Walks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about York