We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Lunch

Which York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Sunday Lunch

Family outing to York next Sunday (17 year old to 75+ mother in law)

Where would people recommend for Lunch ?

Do not necessarily need the traditional roast – but British (bistro) type fare

We like good food – not plastic reproductions – not wanting to spend a fortune

Heard good reports of Nineteen & Loch Fyne (chain, I know)

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,563 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Lunch

I really like Melton's Too, lots of regional food - and they do a Sunday roast dinner alongside the other choices if you should want to go for this.

www.meltonstoo.co.uk

Edited: 02 August 2010, 14:03
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Lunch

I agree with Morgana Melton's Too would be a good choice. Everything there is very tasty and I am sure you will not be disappointed. Maybe you do worse than look at the Dean Court Hotel menu. and if you wanted to go just outside the centre I would certainly go to Middlethorpe Hall I am sure you would get brownie points from the mother in law.

York
Level Contributor
195 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Lunch

Hello,

I think both Nineteen and Loch Fyne would be great choices for Sunday lunch - as much for the ambience as for the food!

I'd also recommend that you'd look at the restaurant at the Churchill hotel. It has two AA rosettes, yet the price is reasonable and convenient for town. I went there recently for a wedding, and was very impressed by the food.

4. Re: Sunday Lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2011, 06:17