We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to run?

Which York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Okemos, Michigan
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
where to run?

My husband and I are visiting London and York this fall. I've planned to run a half marathon 2 weeks after we get back, and am scheduled for a 9 mi run while we are in York. Does York have a river walk, or a trail, or does anyone have a recommendation for good streets to run on? We are staying at the Black Swan Inn.

Thanks for any replies!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to run?

You could always go to the Knavesmire and run around the race course

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to run?

I would imagine that the riverside path would be a good place to run though I never get beyond a brisk walk myself

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
61 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to run?

Try running around the walls, I knew a bloke who trained for the London Marathon that way. The Black Swan is close to one of the places where you can join the walls.

4. Re: where to run?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 05:16