We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yankee candle shop

manchester. uk
Level Contributor
273 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Yankee candle shop

Disappointed that the Yankee candle shop is shut in York - does anyoneknow where else in York sells Yankee candles ? Thank you

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yankee candle shop

There's a Yankee candle shop in Knaresborogh. Also I noticed the Clinton's in Knaresborough sells a small selection, so maybe the Clintons in York will?

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,529 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yankee candle shop

Went to Chester today and there's one of those shops there; in fact, I think I saw 2 Yankee candle shops in Chester.

Looks like a load of dog *** of you ask me...

...but someone's gotta buy it !

manchester. uk
Level Contributor
273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yankee candle shop

we did find a shop selling them a new one opposite the golden lion - we were on our way out of the city - glad to see it we also find a few in clintons - thanks for replys x

Alaska
Level Contributor
8 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yankee candle shop

Yankee Candles are sold in a gift shop in Moss Arcade in Ripon not too far from YKork. I'm sorry I can't recall the name but if you visit the (open air) arcade it's hard to miss. As you enter from the bus station end it's about 1/2 way along on the left. Was in there a month ago and surprised to see the display; Yankee Candles were first produced by an old friend (now deceased) in Rhode Island along with a line of bird feeders and, strangely enough, recordings of stories told in small Maine towns in the 1950's.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,990 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yankee candle shop

Shopping Channel QVC sell Yankee Candles - on air from time to time. You can also buy from their website though - IF they have any in stock!

http://www.qvcuk.com/

Essex
Level Contributor
27,990 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yankee candle shop

Actually, I was going to post that for you back in Dec - but I was so depressed at myself for knowing anything about shopping channels, I could not bring myself to do it!!

Otley, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
592 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yankee candle shop

I know this is an old post, but for future reference the gift gallery in otley has a HUGE range!! (in the new inn court).

manchester. uk
Level Contributor
273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yankee candle shop

essexwanderer - thats funny yes i know about qvc but sometimes you need to smell them in person we found some eventually like i saidopp the golden lion - hoping the shop re-opens though near the punch bowl it was on our york list of things to do - however sad that sounds !!

9. Re: Yankee candle shop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about York