We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ghost Tour Of York

Which York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Ghost Tour Of York

Hi

We are a party of 6 coming to York on the 14th April and are wondering if anyone can advise on a fun Ghost Tour around York on that evening. We're not after anything in-depth, just something that's fun, lasting around an hour / hour and half.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Richard

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
6,818 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ghost Tour Of York

You're spoilt for choice in York as there are a ton of them. You say you want a "fun" one? Then may I suggest the Ghost Hunt, which starts at the Shambles.

http://www.ghosthunt.co.uk/

Expect lots of innuendo, general playing to the audience, oh and the infamous restaurant bit.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ghost Tour Of York

I second Bungle73's recommendation. It's a very entertaining tour.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ghost Tour Of York

Hi Bungle & Raven

Well, myself and my girlfriend did the Ghost Hunt as recommended and really enjoyed it! Not very scary at all, but a good laugh! Managed to get a £1 off voucher each too. Good value, the hour passed quickly so must have been good!

Would recommend to any non-too serious ghost hunters out there!

Cheers

Richard

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
6,818 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ghost Tour Of York

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ghost Tour Of York

On a recent visit to York we did this walk. I thought it was an absolute rip-off and quite pathetic. We definitely picked the wrong walk, others we have known have been on ghost walks in York which they said were quite stunning. This wasn't even really very funny and far too much time was spent messing about at the start - a nice little earner though!

6. Re: Ghost Tour Of York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about York