We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

York accommodation, late May

Central California
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Topic
York accommodation, late May

My adult daughter and I will be in York May 28 and 29 and are looking for clean, reasonably priced accommodation withing walking distance of the Minster. We need a twin bedded room and my budget is about 70 pounds per room per night. I used Rick Steve's book but am finding that many guesthouses and B&Bs are charging considerably more than listed therein. I checked and there are no races that week, so wonder why. Any suggestions would be very appreciated!

Wales
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: York accommodation, late May

I notice that there is a Premier Inn Blossom Street, North and Premier Inn Blossom Street, South. Advice from anyone who knows which is best for parking, food etc, would be appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: York accommodation, late May

Libs 42 - to answer your question, our favourite B&B is the Alexander House http://www.alexanderhouseyork.co.uk/ - we've stayed there three out of our last four visits to York (and the other time was our fault for leaving it too late to reserve accommodation). Probably around a mile from the Minster, give or take a few yards.

Central California
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: York accommodation, late May

Thanks to all. After doing much checking, I booked at the Premier Inn, It gets very good reviews on TA. I never would have checked that without your suggestion, Africandaisy. The tariff with VAT was about 40 pounds per night, non-refundable. MY daughter is on a strict budget for this trip and the savings will allow us some splurges in York. I can always count on the great contributors to trip adviser.

Pickering England
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: York accommodation, late May

Think it would have to be a budget hotel at the price you want to pay-they may have cheap deals if you get in early through their websites

Canada
Level Contributor
4,971 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: York accommodation, late May

Oh good...I'm quite picky about my accommodation but have not often come across a Premier Inn that I don't like. They're invariably clean and comfortable and pleasant.

Enjoy York - my favourite place in the world:)

Central California
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: York accommodation, late May

Thought I posted this but I guess not. I want to thank everyone who responded. After much study, I booked at the Premier Inn. It had good reviews on TA and after VAT came in at about 40 pounds per day. With my daughter on a tight budget for travel, we felt we could use the savings for a splurge or two in York. Thank you Africandaisy for the research and suggestion as I would never have thought to look into the Premier without your input. I am so grateful for the trip ad visor community-they are an invaluable resource-good job! (can you tell I'm a retired teacher?)

Central California
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: York accommodation, late May

Whoops! now the previous post has come up- sorry to be redundant.

18. Re: York accommodation, late May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2013, 10:23
Get answers to your questions about York