We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary in York

Caernarfon, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Anniversary in York

Will be in York for a few days and also celebrating first wedding anniversary at same time, can anyone recommend some restaurants for a special meal, and also anything else that might be suitable for a romantic / chilled out break!!

Edited: 03 October 2012, 12:43
Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary in York

Hi, and congratulations on your anniversary.

Bettys tearooms are lovely and you can book (if you want to avoid the queues) a champagne afternoon tea (bookings only taken for a Saturday or Sunday)..

I go to Bettys a fair amount (there are several branches within easy reach of me) and yet it always feels special and as if we are having a treat.

Worth looking at the York theatre website to see if there's anything that takes your fancy.

York Minster is a must see - again check to see if there are any concerts on when you are there. It's an incredible building but to listen to beautiful music in it is an amazing experience.

Loads of museums if that's what you enjoy. The Castle Museum is particularly good with an excellent Victorian Street, very moving and cleverly done prison cells complete with holograms, and (our favourite) a 60's exhibition.

If you have a car then maybe a drive out to the Moors for a long walk, and take lovely food for a picnic (might have to eat in the car if cold!).

Our favourite restaurant in York is a tapas one (Ambiente) which probably isn't very romantic but I've been married much, much longer than a year!

Hope this kicks off some research.

Level Contributor
3,724 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary in York

im celbrating mine too soon. we are eating at litte italy. all great reviews.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary in York

Blue Bicycle would be my favourite romantic place to eat.

4. Re: Anniversary in York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 03:18