We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bars in york

Which York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
peterborough
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
bars in york

Hi ya, I am coming to York for a weekend in feb.Staying on the mount. Can anyone recommend any good bars nearby? I am travelling with my husband , we are 40 and enjoy alternative, rock music, rather than dance.

thanks Debs

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,386 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bars in york

Deb,

If you walk into town from there you'll come to Micklegate were there are a huge number of bars to suit every taste.

If you want live music then Fibbers have bands on many nights a week - it is the other side of town but in the centre though.

York
Level Contributor
87 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bars in york

I fully endorse richt71's comments above.

3. Re: bars in york

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2013, 16:14
St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bars in york

Going to York for a Sat nite in january for my 50th there will be 30 of us aged between 19 & 70 recommendations plz on some nice bars to visit!! PS we not on the older side of 50 xx

Level Contributor
83 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bars in york

I'd head for the Stonegate area, loads of different places around there to drink (and eat). Also down at the river front, plenty of choice around there too. (The Kings Arms is the pub you will usually see on TV when the River Ouse floods.)

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bars in york

Thankyou, we are actually staying in the Micklegate area, I have heard that the bars are only sml xx

Level Contributor
83 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bars in york

Head down Micklegate toward the river and town, and you'll come across some big, lively bars that could easily cater for you and your friends (although you might not all want to turn up at the same time!) You'll have no problem finding somewhere to suit you, I'm sure.

York
Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bars in york

If you want a cesspool of semi-clad, stoned, drunken humanity then head for Micklegate. There's plenty of bars with thudding music, neolithic bouncers and cheap shots to get you hammered.

I've rarely heard any bar on Micklegate described as "nice". The bars with all the live music are over the river in the Swinegate, Goodramgate area of town... as are all the classier clubs - Biltmore; Kennedy's; Esperanza

Duchess is a far better gig venue than Fibbers http://theduchessyork.co.uk/whats-on/listings

Other live music listed here www.yorkgigs.co.uk/w_city_by_date_York.html

Edited: 05 January 2014, 14:45
9. Re: bars in york

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about York