We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My lovely day in York - thank you for suggested itinerary

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
My lovely day in York - thank you for suggested itinerary

Thank you for your advice of places to visit whilst in York. We had a lovely day.

Started off at Micklegate Bar and went to the Museum there too. Also went to York Minster Cathedral, York Castle Museum and Shambles and Stonegate.

In the evening went for a few drinks at the Last Drop Inn and The Bluebell, both great pubs and then finished off with a lovely Thai meal on Fossgate.

I just wished I had known to book online in advance for the Tower at York Minster Cathedral as it was fully booked up. I had just presumed all I had to do was pay for a ticket and could wander up to the top of York Minster Cathedral. I didn’t realise they restricted the numbers so much. Well I’m sure I’ll be back in York again and will go up the tower then.

York
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
848 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My lovely day in York - thank you for suggested itinerary

Much more still to see and do in York - no doubt you'll be back soon enough...

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
412 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My lovely day in York - thank you for suggested itinerary

"I just wished I had known to book online in advance for the Tower at York Minster Cathedral as it was fully booked up"

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm not finding anywhere on the Minster Cathedral's website where I can purchase tickets online. It has info on the ticket prices but no link for buying them. Does anyone have a link?

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,202 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My lovely day in York - thank you for suggested itinerary

Don`t forget to visit the Railway Museum.

It`s a ` must see `

Graham

Canada
Level Contributor
4,838 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My lovely day in York - thank you for suggested itinerary

Its a great city - glad you had a good time!!

5. Re: My lovely day in York - thank you for suggested itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 07:15