We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

York to Castle Howard

Australia
Level Contributor
473 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
York to Castle Howard

I will be in York in June, and last time I was with my husband, but this time I will be on my own. I vaguely remember we were able to walk to somewhere near the train station and get a bus all the way to Castle Howard, is this the case? And would anyone have a link? I think it's probably the most doable gardens specific grounds near York?

Thanks heaps :)

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,590 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: York to Castle Howard

Details are on the Castle Howard website -

castlehoward.co.uk/House-and-grounds/Directi…

Note that the bus doesn't run on Sundays or Bank Holidays.

Australia
Level Contributor
473 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: York to Castle Howard

Thank you.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: York to Castle Howard

If it is gardens that primarily interest you then consider Scampston Walled Garden at Scampston Hall which is easily accessible by bus (catch the Scarborough bus in York and get off in Rillington at the stop next to Scampston Park). You will have to walk 400 yards through the park to the garden entrance.

The gardens are large, superbly designed and planted and have an excellent restaurant where you can get a good lunch/tea/coffee.

Enjoy.

Australia
Level Contributor
473 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: York to Castle Howard

Thanks so much, yes, the gardens are the only reason for the re-visit to Castle Howard (though the morning tea was pretty nice too!). Thanks :)

5. Re: York to Castle Howard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2014, 05:16