We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

b&b in york for 1 person

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
34 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
b&b in york for 1 person

Hope someone can help

I am after a b&b/guesthouse near or on bus route from York railway station.

I am travelling alone.

my budget is £25-£30 per night. With breakfast inc.

I plan to stay for 3 nights (hopefully no single supplement)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: b&b in york for 1 person

You may wish to consider a room at the university (http://www.york.ac.uk/about/visitors/) - on a bus route from the station and as, for the most part, student accommodation is designed to be occupied by one person, there shouldn't be any single supplements.

York
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
868 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: b&b in york for 1 person

When are you coming to York?

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
34 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: b&b in york for 1 person

Sorry forgot to put the date 19 Aug

Hull
Level Contributor
773 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: b&b in york for 1 person

Your last night is the first of the York Races 'Ebor' festival and overnight rates tend to go through the roof then. Factor this in, as I'd say your budget is unachievable on this night, if at all.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
34 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: b&b in york for 1 person

Thank you all..am going to sit and consider things.

Gloucester
Level Contributor
70 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: b&b in york for 1 person

Hi there, if you are willing to go just an extra £2 above your budget (£32 per night) I can recommend the Old Vic Guest House in Wenlock Terrace just off Fulford Road. This is about a mile from the station but you can get a First Number 7 bus from the station (destionation Designer Outlet) and alight at the Fulford Arms pub. From the bus stop outside the Fulford Arms, you just cross the road, then take the next turning on the right and you will see the signpost for the Old Vic Guest House. The bus fare from York Station to the Fulford Arms pub is £1.20 single and once on the bus you'll be at the Fulford Arms bus stop in minutes.

7. Re: b&b in york for 1 person

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about York