We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any good British food in York and The Shambles

Singapore
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any good British food in York and The Shambles

Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding is about as typical as you can get.

Can't recommend a particular restaurant but this is the place toget Yorkshire Pudding.

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,645 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any good British food in York and The Shambles

Bettys has Yorkshire Curd tarts, Parkin, Fat Rascals, Eccles cakes etc - eat in or take out.

3. Re: any good British food in York and The Shambles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 20:29
Edited: 22 January 2015, 20:29
4. Re: any good British food in York and The Shambles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 20:29
york
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
737 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any good British food in York and The Shambles

Howard Why are you obsessed with lady Ann Middletons? Every post you make mentions it, as someone who lives in York it's not somewhere I would rush to, nice enough but that's all

Edited: 04 September 2013, 19:38
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: any good British food in York and The Shambles

I agree with orbitalgirl. Interesting to note that howardevans550 began posting as soon as Mrhoward66 stopped. Could they be related? Both seem to have the same single-minded admiration for the same establishment.

York
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
857 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any good British food in York and The Shambles

No good British food in the Shambles I'm afraid. Nearby - Masons Bar & Bistro is very good, as is "Nineteen" - again just a short walk from there on Grape Lane. The Go Down restaurant is consistently excellent.

Pubs that always hit the mark for really good British fare are the upmarket Royal Oak and the more homely Mason's Arms pub with very generous portions. If you fancy a short car journey to the lovely village of Heslington next to York University - The Deramore Arms is great for British food and real ale including some from their own brewery at the back of the pub.

Edited: 04 September 2013, 23:01
york
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
737 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: any good British food in York and The Shambles

We're fans of the go down too.

I know I have said this before but please don't go to Russells carvery, it's rubbish.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: any good British food in York and The Shambles

It's interesting what you pick up on these TA forums - like the Derry having its own brewery. Must remember next time I'm visiting the alma mater. Nt59 - you may drive, or take a bus to Heslington, but a walk through the campus especially by its lake is something you may find attractive, especially in the early summer when there are young ducks and geese around.

York
Level Contributor
89 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: any good British food in York and The Shambles

The Mason's Arms on Fishergate does good food. Very wholesome.

Edited: 05 September 2013, 19:50
Get answers to your questions about York