We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on York restaurant please?

birmingham, england
Level Contributor
79 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on York restaurant please?

We visiting York in the middle of July for our daughters graduation and wondered if anyone could recommend somewhere to eat. My 80-year old father will be with us and he is not very mobile so would have great difficulty in getting up or down steep stairs and I know a lot of the restaurants in York have this type of access. We will travel there by taxi, so wondered if anyone could offer some recommendations please? Thank you.

york
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
713 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Advice on York restaurant please?

Have a look at the reviews of the starre in the city, I think it is expensive for what you get personally

I loved el paradiso, and we all go every month, and the pizzas and pasta with a drink special is still good value, but the specials have got very expensive. my friend knows the owner, and I understand a lot of the issues have been fixed now

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,667 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Advice on York restaurant please?

Paradiso must be great! I know very few people in Israel, who have been to York , they ALL speak highly about this restaurant. That includes a family, which is touring various provinces in Italy, like we do UK, few times a year. They recommend Il Paradiso del Cibo warmly!

What a pity, people, who probably worked hard to gain a reputation like this, loose it in a day.

OrbitalGirl! Do you honestly think, they did solve their hygiene issues and worth a visit?

Yuri.

Edited: 23 June 2014, 10:55
York UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Advice on York restaurant please?

Hi

I would try the Go Down. You could park on Clifford's tower car park and then it is just round the corner to the. right almost opposite the fire station and magistrate's court. There are a few steps down but the service and food are excellent. You need to book! Tell the Taylors I recommended it!

york
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
713 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Advice on York restaurant please?

I also love the go down, in fact I'm off two nights running in a week or so, i didn't mention it as the op. said they wanted Italian, but i would agree it's very good

Edited: 23 June 2014, 23:52
York UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Advice on York restaurant please?

Whoops didn't read it carefully enough ,! I also agree with comment about the Starre - we waited an hour for our lunch to arrive . Wouldn't go again

birmingham, england
Level Contributor
79 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Advice on York restaurant please?

Looks lovely. Think we may have found the one! Thank you for your suggestion.

York UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Advice on York restaurant please?

Delighted to help hope you enjoy and do tell Penelope and Peter that I recommended them. Emma and Charlotte's mum !

york
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
713 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Advice on York restaurant please?

Penny and Peter are lovely, so helpful. that's why we go back! and the food is lovely too

19. Re: Advice on York restaurant please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 05:19