We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Classy Hen Do - Restaurants - cocktails - dancing!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Classy Hen Do - Restaurants - cocktails - dancing!

Hello, I am organising my best friends hen do for September. I have provisionally booked the Lime House for a meal on the Friday night (hope this is a nice place?).

I am now looking for a restaurant for the Saturday night. There will be 15 of us!! We would like somewhere with a bit of atmosphere but also quality food. I would then like to sort out some nice bars for cocktails. Is there anywhere where you can reserve areas for drinks? And then looking for somewhere to end the night with a bit of dancing. We are all mid 30's + so somewhere suitable for this age group would be good!!!

Thank you so much in advance!!

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,583 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Classy Hen Do - Restaurants - cocktails - dancing!

i'd suggest the stonegate/swinegate area of york where you'll find many wine bars and chilled lounges.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
689 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Classy Hen Do - Restaurants - cocktails - dancing!

Lucia's ais great for cocktails as is Bora Bora. BoBo LoBo is worth a mention also. All in the stonegate /Swinegate area

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Classy Hen Do - Restaurants - cocktails - dancing!

Thanks so much both. I like the look of Lucia's - not sure if they will let me book a table in advance for food. But I think it will be worth a visit anyway even if its just for a cocktail. Any idea on late bars thats good for a bit of dancing - for middle aged people!!??

Thanks again.

Lucy

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
689 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Classy Hen Do - Restaurants - cocktails - dancing!

Over the bridge down George hudson street, there's clubs like popworld, Salvation and society. Popworld seems to be quite popular with all ages. There's also flares, at the back of society. Playing music from all decades.

Another place worth mentioning is Kennedys, good cocktails. Again that's stonegate side. As some people call it the 'posh' side.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Classy Hen Do - Restaurants - cocktails - dancing!

Thats brilliant, thank so much for your help

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
689 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Classy Hen Do - Restaurants - cocktails - dancing!

You're welcome:)

Have fun!

york
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
713 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Classy Hen Do - Restaurants - cocktails - dancing!

I would not describe pop world or flares as classy, probably the exact opposite

8. Re: Classy Hen Do - Restaurants - cocktails - dancing!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 21:35
9. Re: Classy Hen Do - Restaurants - cocktails - dancing!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 07:16