We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leeds/Bradford Airport to York

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
246 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Leeds/Bradford Airport to York

Can anyone advise best (excepting a taxi) from Leeds/Bradford airport to city of York. Many thanks.

York
Level Contributor
175 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leeds/Bradford Airport to York

There is a new direct bus service from the airport to York Railway Station starting on the 26th February. I think the company are 'First' and I believe you will be able to book on line. I'm sure this will be a very popular service once its up and running. I read that it would be £10 single or £15 return if you booked on line.

We normally get a lift if we fly from Leeds. If you are travelling before the new bus service starts you would need to get a bus into Leeds City Centre then either bus or train to York. I understand the buses from the airport to the station are half hourly during peak times and hourly at other times. There are loads of trains from Leeds to York.

Hope this helps.

M

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leeds/Bradford Airport to York

It is good to hear that a new bus service is starting - it is sorely needed. A current alternative is to get the airport bus to Harrogate and then train from Harrogate to York - it's a bit quieter than having to deal with Leeds city centre.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
246 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leeds/Bradford Airport to York

Thanks for that folks. Unfortunately I am going before the new service kicks in. Does the bus to Harrogate take much longer than going the Leeds route?

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leeds/Bradford Airport to York

This has the information you need:

http://www.bus2jet.com/

Buses to Harrogate take about 30 minutes and then trains to York run every hour and take about 40 minutes.

York
Level Contributor
175 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leeds/Bradford Airport to York

I think it will depend on what time you get in. I believe there are more frequent buses to Leeds than Harrogate and the train services is quicker. However, I'd agree Leeds is busy and doing the Harrogate route would be more relaxed. If it was me I'd probably go with which ever was the first bus from the airport.

Try wymetro.com/HowToGetTo/Airports/LeedsBradfor…

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
246 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leeds/Bradford Airport to York

Thanks for that everyone.

7. Re: Leeds/Bradford Airport to York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 11:23
Get answers to your questions about York
Recent Conversations