We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to stay for great food, wine and beer?

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Best places to stay for great food, wine and beer?

We will have a short break in the Dales late this August. We will be walking during the day, but in the evenings want a really comfortable environment, 4*-5* with great food, wine and beer. We are thinking of possibly 2 nights in one place and 3 in another, in different parts of the Dales.

Please send your best recommendations, thanks!

Trish and Richard

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places to stay for great food, wine and beer?

I can give you one -The Wensleydale heifer . Someone may help me out with another suggestion .but this is always where we would choose to go if we are up that way

2. Re: Best places to stay for great food, wine and beer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 August 2010, 08:05
UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best places to stay for great food, wine and beer?

I recommend The Yorke Arms www.yorke-arms.co.uk OR The Angel www.angelhetton.co.uk

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best places to stay for great food, wine and beer?

Thanks for the great suggestions. These look wonderful, especially the Wensleydale Heifer as we love fish! Appreciate the recommendations.

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best places to stay for great food, wine and beer?

Definitely agree with the Yorke Arms, my favourite place by far, and the Wensleydale Heifer.

After extensive and mostly very enjoyable research I can also recommend -

1)Yorebridge House, Bainbridge -some rooms have their own hot tubs, beautiful village, great food

2)The Angel at Hetton for rooms and food

3) Blue Lion, East Witton

4) Red Lion, Burnsall

Mentioned in this post
Bainbridge
Bainbridge
Yorkshire Dales National Park, UK
Hetton
Hetton
East Witton
East Witton
North Yorkshire, UK
Burnsall
Burnsall
Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,099 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best places to stay for great food, wine and beer?

http://www.innatwhitewell.com/welcome.php

Strictly speaking, not quite in the Dales National Park, but you are not far from the Dales, and this place is hard to beat on a lot of counts.

Forest of Bowland is stunning, and, but for some administrative jiggery-pokery, could have been in Yorkshire....

Mentioned in this post
Yorkshire
Yorkshire
England, UK
7. Re: Best places to stay for great food, wine and beer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Yorkshire Dales...