We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yorebridge House

Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Yorebridge House

Hi I'm looking at booking a room at yorebridge house but wanted to ask if anyone knows if there's anywhere nearby we could escape to for a few hrs? Also is there anywhere nearby to eat other thsn hotel? Just incase I didn't like what was on

Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Yorebridge House

Pressed send before finishing lol incase I don't like what's on offer!! :-) thanks x

Leyburn, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yorebridge House

Aysgarth Falls always worth a visit particularly after all the rain we have had. Pop to Hawes to see Wensleydale cheese being made. Nice restaurant there too. Visit the new tourism website www.lower-wensleydale.com for more ideas. Other eateries, The Sandpiper in Leyburn, The Wensleydale Heifer in West Witton and The Bolton Arms in Redmire. It depends on what you like and how much you want to spend too!

Wetherby
Level Contributor
209 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yorebridge House

I second recommendations for Wensleydale Creamery, to eat at, and shop at and for the Wensleydale Heifer. One place I would avoid is the Rose and Crown Hotel in Bainbridge, which is the nearest alternative to Yorebridge House- when I visited it is was just awful.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
293 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yorebridge House

I would also avoid the Rose and Crown for food, had a perfectly good stay there but the food has had some shocking reviews. The newly re opened aysgarth falls hotel is very good, as is the George at Thoralby and the previously mentioned Bolton Arms at Redmire. There's also a nice preserve makers at Bainbridge who do the best marmalade I have tasted!

5. Re: Yorebridge House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 08:16