We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self-Catering Short Break in School Summer Holidays

Lancashire
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Self-Catering Short Break in School Summer Holidays

I'm really struggling to find cottages or appartments that do short breaks in Yorkshire during the school summer holidays. We are two adults with a teenager and can't make a full week. We are also on a bit of a budget so looking for good value. Does anyone know of any places that will do short breaks of around 4 nights, prefably around Pickering or Malton as we'd like to visit Flamingo Land and Castle Howard?

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Self-Catering Short Break in School Summer Holidays

It's not the first time I've been asked this. My only thought is to have a look at the website Yorkshire net where you can search for properties by area. Then if you see something that would suit you, contact the owner directly and explain what you would like.

yorkshirenet.co.uk/yorkshire-moors/cottages.…

www.yorkshirenet.co.uk/cottage-details.aspx… (looks the right sort of place and area)

It will take a bit of time to sift through and send out messages (although you could cut and paste the same enquiry) or make phone calls but you might find someone who is happy to accept a shorter booking. I do know someone else who tried this and got lucky (in the Dales) so hopefully you'll be fortunate too.

Edited: 15 March 2013, 16:45
2. Re: Self-Catering Short Break in School Summer Holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 05:18