We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Northampton to Daventry?

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
226 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Northampton to Daventry?

Hello fellow travelers!

I am attending an event at Daventry Court Hotel (at Sedgemoor way, Daventry) in August.

I do know how to google, but sometimes it is easier if someones knows exactly how to get from A to B. So please don't just link to a page.

I am flying from Sweden to London (staying a few days in London) and understand that London Euston is the station where London Midland trains will take me to Northampton. (please correct me if there is another way)

What station do I arrive at in Northampton, and are the buses to Daventry from the same station? If not, from where, and the easiest way to get there? (Walking distance?)

And then - which bus/-es will take me to Daventry (specified destination)?

So my questions are:

a) Where do I arrive in Northampton and where from is my bus departing?

b) Which bus lines operate N-hampton - Daventry?

c) The best (easiest or cheapest, any suggestions are welcome) to take me to Daventry Court Hotel? (Route numbers included)

Thank you so much in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Daventry
Daventry
Northamptonshire, UK
Sweden
Sweden
Europe
London
London
England, UK
Northampton
Northampton
Northamptonshire, UK
4 replies to this topic
England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
5,208 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Northampton to Daventry?

I am not certain that Google would be much help with this question , so hopefully the information below will help instead;

a) Where do I arrive in Northampton and where from is my bus departing? There is only one train station on Northampton. From there you need to walk to Greyfriars Bus Station.

b) Which bus lines operate N-hampton - Daventry? Bus D1 and D2 - see stagecoachbus.com/PdfUploads/…20D2.pdf.

c) The best (easiest or cheapest) to take me to Daventry Court Hotel? If you use bus D2, I think that you will find that it goes from Northampton all the way to your hotel (when the bus gets to its terminus at Marston Way, stay on the bus and it will drop you off outside the hotel on its way back to Northampton).

Be aware that although bus D2 would normally go past the train station in Northampton, it cannot do so at the moment because of road works, so you will need to walk to the bus station to catch the bus.

Phil-the-Bus

Mentioned in this post
Northampton
Northampton
Northamptonshire, UK
Daventry
Daventry
Northamptonshire, UK
Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
226 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Northampton to Daventry?

Thank you so much, phil-the-bus! You are an angel!

This is helpful and it confirms and especially clarifies what my friend google told me about D2 dropping me off outside the hotel. Now I know for sure and exactly how to do!

It is always helpful to be a bit prepared when arriving at the station, and avoid the fact that you just missed the last bus. (Well, there is always taxi so I am not stranded).

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
9,008 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Northampton to Daventry?

Do you have to go to Northampton for any reason? Rugby would be the more obvious station to use for Daventry for me, it's on the intercity line from Euston so the train part would be faster. There are reasonably frequent bus links from Rugby to Daventry though have no clue whether any of them go as close to the hotel as the one mentioned above.

Transfer from Northampton station to the bus station is certainly walking distance however it's the most easily negotiable walk if you have any amount of luggage and it might be worth considering just jumping in a taxi at the station if that's a bother.

Mentioned in this post
Northampton
Northampton
Northamptonshire, UK
Daventry
Daventry
Northamptonshire, UK
Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
226 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Northampton to Daventry?

No, Northampton is just for transfer to Daventry. If there is a smoother way I am all ears :) But I would need bus directions.

A bus that stops just outside my hotel is hard to beat though ;)

Mentioned in this post
Daventry
Daventry
Northamptonshire, UK
Reply to: Bus from Northampton to Daventry?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Northamptonshire